November 30, 2008

To Start

This blog is going to be a new experience for most of those reading. It is a rare thing to come across a blog or book or any source of reference that offers respect for such a reverent and amazing topic as sexual intimacy. The world misrepresents this topic. For this reason, and many others, I offer this blog.

I am not an expert. I have not gone to school or received a degree. I am not a therapist- though this is something I would love to pursue when the time is right. For now I am a wife, a mother, and a friend who has seen and heard hundreds of accounts of wonderful people who struggle in marriage. Hundreds of people who struggle in understanding the nature and beauty of sexual intimacy. I have been blessed with a specific interest in this topic and offer insight on this blog through the scriptures, from prophets and apostles, and research. Mostly though... I offer from my heart.

I will do all that I can to make this a place of comfort. I am incredibly aware of the delicate subject that intimacy in marriage is. I hope this can be a safe place to visit. A place for anyone anywhere to read and learn and come closer to the idea that sex is one of the GREATEST gifts ever offered by a loving Father to his children. And because we are all his children, and he wants us ALL to be happy, there is much to learn.

I hope this journey is one you can share with others. I hope this blog is one you will feel comfortable sharing and visiting as often and you desire. And so... we begin.


The first thing I want to mention is that many christian people believe that sex is something that should never be discussed. Many have been taught that it is a taboo topic, one which is so sacred it must NEVER be thoroughly talked about...or really talked about at all for that matter. I want to make sure I am clear when I say that to talk about, or discuss details from OUR OWN relationship is indeed a very wrong place to be- for anyone. Personal relationships are just that- personal. There is a sacredness in marriage that is ONLY between a husband and a wife. Details about sex should never be shared- never tossed around lightly. This is light-mindedness, and is sin. One instantly looses the spirit when offering information from their personal relationship. This is not our Heavenly Father's desire nor my own.

To learn about and understand this precious topic to strengthen marriage, to receive a testimony of the important and vital role it plays in our lives, and to really know why this is such a tool of happiness is very much approved by the creator of it himself. Sexual intimacy is a great thing to learn as much about as we possibly can- in the proper context. It was created by our Master and is beautiful and good.

There will be more to come in another post. Right now I've offered what needed to be. Hoping that you'll visit again-

The Management :)

1 comment: